During my Finnish summer adventure I got to try a delicious blueberry-coconut raw cake made by a good friend, and after having another raw cake the other week I finally decided to give it a go myself. It’s also the perfect choice for me as I don’t eat egg at the moment – plus it’s nice to be able to indulge after dinner without the guilt 🙂
I googled “easy raw cake recipe” and was astounded by the amount of mouthwatering recipes out there! I finally decided to go for this recipe as the ingredients were pretty straight forward and it looked amazing of course!
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (Stevia, Agave or Honey – I decided to try agave)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (I used agave here as well and it worked great)
- Place all crust ingredients apart from the chocolate chips into your food processor and process until dough-like.
- Add a few tablespoons of water if your dough is too dry (I had to add quite a few to get the right consistency).
- Remove dough from food processor and fold in chocolate chips by hand (I guess you could leave the chips out if you want to make it healthier or vegan).
- Spray your 8×8 inch glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press dough evenly into dish.
- Place all ganache ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place ganache evenly on top of the cookie dough.
- Cover the dish and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
Ready to eat!
This recipe makes 12 good sized squares – although I found that a smaller piece was enough for a post dinner treat as it is quite rich. I kept the cake in the fridge for 5 days, with no decrease in flavour or consistency.
Yes, I did buy flowers just so I could dress up the cake a little bit haha! I thought a splash of colour would make it look even more appealing 🙂
This bouquet was just £3! I didn’t know you could get pretty flowers like this for that cheap – will definitely be investing in flowers more often from now on. They still look fresh after a week as well!
Have a great weekend everyone!
x Nina x