I’m always looking for healthy treats/snacks that are quick and easy to make and give me a sweet fix without all that extra junk – and don’t contain a long list of random ingredients! When I came across this recipe I immediately thought it could be a winner, and it’s definitely something I’ll make again and again – especially since you can vary the recipe so easily.
The recipe I used was in cups, but since I can’t handle baking or cooking with cups (and don’t even own a cup measuring set) I converted it to decilitres and changed the amounts a little like I usually do – which resulted in a smaller batch. Next time I’ll just double the batch though as they’re disappearing very quickly!
- 2 dl almonds
- 3/4 dl raw cacao powder
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/2 dl raisins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp – 1/4 dl cold water
- coconut flakes (optional)
This is how you do it:
- Grind the almonds in a food processor – it’s up to you how fine you want them.
- Add the cacao, dates, raisins, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend well and add the water – add more than 3 tbsp if you find the mixture too dry.
- Put mixture in a bowl and start rolling. I made the truffles quite small, which resulted in 23 pieces.
- Dip each ball in coconut flakes and cover thoroughly by rolling and pressing to cover each ball evenly.
- Put in the fridge for at least two hours before serving as it helps the truffles harden.
How easy isn’t that?! You can also add e.g. cinnamon, chilli, rum, vanilla or pretty much whatever you fancy to vary the taste.
Do you have any good, healthy snack recipes that I should know about? 🙂
x Nina x